Employers are reminded that the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) will begin accepting projections from companies on their 2021 needs for foreign knowledge workers, from 3 November 2020.
According to Berry Appleman and Leiden, this will apply to companies registered with MDEC, i.e. companies with MSC Malaysia/ICT status, and will relate to employment passes as well as professional visit passes.
In line with this, the eXpats Service Centre has recommended that only companies with foreign knowledge worker projection requirements in the first quarter of 2021 should submit their projections first.
Additionally, companies with the MSC/ICT status will be allowed to submit their projections throughout 2021, based on their foreign-hiring needs. The 2020 foreign knowledge worker projection submission window remains open until 14 November 2020.
The following supporting documents are required when submitting a projection request:
- Master service agreements with all appendices, scope of work, letter of award, purchase order, invoices;
- A list of project(s) with duration and project value;
- A copy of latest audited account and current management account;
- The latest EPF statement for 2020; and
- The latest IRB CP39 form.
Photo / 123RF