This programme is only applicable for those in the construction, manufacturing, farming, agriculture, and services sector, the Ministry of Human Resources shared.
Malaysian employers can utilise the Manpower Recalibration Programme (Programme Rekalibrasi Tenaga Kerja, or RTK) and employ existing foreign workers in the market to meet their various manpower needs, the Ministry of Human Resources affirmed on 15 July (Thursday).
According to the Ministry, this is a government initiative that’s under the Foreign Immigrants Recalibration Plan (Pelan Rekalibrasi Pendatang Asing Tanpa lzin, or PATI) to help employers cope with foreign manpower shortages caused by the pandemic.
Employers who are in the following sectors can apply to be part of this programme:
- Construction (Grades G4 to G7 only; Grades Gl, G2, and G3 refer to Construction Labour Exchange Centre)
- Services (restaurant, cleaning and washing, wholesale and retail; and cargo)
Having started on 1 July, this programme will last until 31 December 2021, the Ministry shared.
What do I need to do?
Interested employers have to first submit three documents to the Ministry of Human Resources.
- Letter of application
- Information of company information
- Information of foreign workers
Next, employers have to go through a Migration Detection Process (Jabatan lmigresen, or JIM) and pass the PATI verification screening.
After which, for the final step, employers have to:
- State their RTK quota at www.fwcms.com.my
- Register their foreign workers at https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/myimms/main
For employers who are in the construction sector of Grade G4 to G7, the ministry advised, they are to declare construction projects in the CIMS System under the Malaysian Construction Industry Development Authority (CIOB) before going through with the application.
Image / Ministry of Human Resources