These SOPs apply to those who have completed two doses of the vaccine in professions involving studio filming, live broadcasting, and indoor busking. This will provide relief to more than 19,000 companies related to the industry, PM Ismail Sabri said.
From tomorrow (9 September 2021), all creative industry players in Malaysia's Phase One states, who have completed two doses of vaccine, will be allowed to return to selected activities.
In a statement on Tuesday (7 September), Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said following the COVID-19 Pandemic Management Special Committee's discussion last Thursday (2 September), the government has agreed to relax the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Phase One for the creative industry, which is expected to provide relief to more than one million activists, artists and workers.
It will also provide relief to more than 19,000 companies related to the creative industry, he added.
This flexibility will be given based on the fact there are states that now have 80% of the adult population receiving two complete doses of the vaccine, or have reached cluster immunity levels.
Overall, the relaxed SOPs will apply to the following:
- Development and broadcasting of creative content by recording or live broadcast;
- Broadcast by recording or live broadcast in the form of information and entertainment presentation, in the presence of a fully-vaccinated audience, with an audience capacity of 30% in the studio space;
- Filming the creative industry inside and outside the studio, with individuals who have completed vaccinations;
- Indoor busking for individuals who have been vaccinated;
- Presentation in the hotel lounge, for individuals who have been vaccinated;
- Cinema activities for individuals who have been vaccinated, with a capacity of 50% in the cinema screening hall space;
- Live performance activities such as theatre, musicals, music and comedy (pre-registered) with a fully-vaccinated audience as well as 30% audience capacity in the premises, and
- Art exhibition activities in exhibition halls, museums and art galleries (by appointment) with visitors who have been vaccinated, and a visitor capacity of 30% in the space of the premises.
PM Ismail Sabri shared: "These results are among the government's ongoing efforts to stimulate the economic viability of the arts and creative industries. I would like to urge all parties involved in the opening of this sector to always adhere to the conditions and procedures set to avoid any risks and legal, safety and health implications, especially in the country's efforts to move into the endemic phase by the end of October."
Photo / PM Ismail Sabri's Facebook page