It's almost the end of the year and as you set your priorities for 2019 ahead, this is the time where tried-and-tested insights are gleaned and inspiration is drawn from trusted leaders in the industry.On that note, this special edition of the HR Bulletin presents 10 interviews conducted by our team during the past year, providing words of wisdom to ponder over for the year to come.
Please click on each HR leader's name below to read the full interview.1. Snapshot: P. Ganesan, vice president - HR, Aegis BPO Malaysia
The number one HR priority in any outsourcing industry company is identifying and maintaining a strong talent pool.
- P. Ganesan, vice president - HR, Aegis BPO Malaysia
2. Snapshot: Matt Handford, global SVP of people, Hootsuite
Don’t take your people or what they want from their jobs for granted.
- Matt Handford, global SVP of people, Hootsuite
3. Snapshot: Amod Date, vice-president HR, DHL Express Singapore
I believe in being democratic and participative – this involves setting broad directions and clear objectives, involving the team and gathering inputs before making a final decision.
- Amod Date, vice-president HR, DHL Express Singapore
4. Snapshot: Amrita Rajumoothy, global talent acquisition specialist, Essilor International
Personal branding for HR professionals is very important. One of the basic benefits of this is differentiation and this, in turn, will often earn you a seat at the table.
- Amrita Rajumoothy, global talent acquisition specialist, Essilor International
5. Snapshot: Irene Goh, senior manager – regional strategic HR, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Asia
I manage results by setting proper KPIs, measurable targets and timelines, rather than through face time in the office.
- Irene Goh, senior manager – regional strategic HR, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Asia
6. Snapshot: Subhankar Roy Chowdhury, head of human resources, Lenovo Asia Pacific
Work-life balance is a lot about offering flexibility to employees to manage their work and life using digital collaborative and communication platforms.
- Subhankar Roy Chowdhury, head of human resources, Lenovo Asia Pacific
7. Snapshot: Kairavi Majumdar, people partner APAC, Hootsuite
With the learning and growth opportunities that we provide, we have achieved 20% people movement across departments and roles in APAC alone.
- Kairavi Majumdar, people partner APAC, Hootsuite
8. Snapshot: Christine Rumble, chief talent and culture officer APAC, AccorHotels
In some environments there may be a skills shortage, but I truly do not believe there is a talent shortage.
- Christine Rumble, chief talent and culture officer APAC, AccorHotels
9. Snapshot: Gretchen K. Zech, CHRO, Arrow Electronics
I have been using online banking for many years and I asked why can’t HR operations also be managed online?
- Gretchen K. Zech, CHRO, Arrow Electronics
10. Snapshot: Rizwan Masood, head of HR, retail banking, wealth, CA, B&M, HK, Greater China, North Asia, Standard Chartered Bank
We have a lot of legacies and it is how we handle those legacies because we have to deliver for today and we have to plan for the future.
- Rizwan Masood, head of HR, retail banking, wealth, CA, B&M, HK, Greater China, North Asia, Standard Chartered BankIf you enjoyed these interviews, you can also stay posted on our latest news and conversations by following Human Resources on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, or signing up for our daily HR Bulletin.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
– Human Resources team
Photo / 123RF