The taskforce, chaired by Minister for Manpower, Dr Tan See Leng, aims to fuel growth and improve employment outcomes for Singaporeans.
A new Jobs Taskforce has been established in Singapore, chaired by Minister for Manpower, Dr Tan See Leng, aimed to coordinate efforts of government agencies to place more locals into jobs with good wages and prospects in key sectors.
The Taskforce will work alongside tripartite partners and employers and will focus on three areas:
- Support locals to switch into new careers in key sectors;
- Reskill existing workers for new or expanded jobs scopes as these sectors transform; and
- Promote progressive human capital practices.
The taskforce comprises agencies working on industry transformation and workforce development, including MOM, MTI, MCI, MOH, MOE and MAS.
The composition of the Jobs Taskforce (as of 18 Aug) is as follows:
- Chairperson: Dr Tan See Leng, Minister for Manpower & Second Minister for Trade and Industry
- Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State for Health and Manpower
- Alvin Tan, Minister of State for Trade & Industry and Culture, Community and Youth
- Low Yen Ling, Minister of State for Trade & Industry and Culture, Community and Youth
- Tan Kiat How, Minister of State for Communications & Information and National Development
- Gan Siow Huang, Minister of State for Education & Manpower
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
Photo / 123RF