While department stores and shopping malls will remain closed, the general public is allowed to do F&B takeaways as well as group activities comprising five people or less.
Effective 12 July (Monday), movement restrictions have been imposed in Bangkok under Thailand’s announcement no.36, which limits business operations of retailers as well as timings for air travel schedules, according to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.
Details are provided below.
Air travel schedules
The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has suspended air travel daily between the hours of 9pm and 4am “in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 for passengers and personnel involved.”
The suspension is effective from 12 July 2021 onwards until further notice.
Business operations of retailers
The following measures will be in place for retailers:
- Food and beverage shops may sell food and beverages for takeaway only. The consumption of food, drinks, as well as liquor and alcoholic beverages in the premises is prohibited, and the shops may open for service until 2000 hours;
- Department stores, shopping centres, and community malls will be closed, except for supermarkets;
- Shops selling necessary items (including tools and construction materials), maintenance and repair shops, banks, financial institutions, pharmacies, communication service shops, post offices, and venues for vaccination or other medical and health services, can stay open until 2000 hours;
- Convenience stores, night markets, overnight markets, and walking streets can open until 2000 hours. However, convenience stores must stop operating from 2000 to 0400 hours of the following day.
- Public parks, sports grounds, sports fields, and open-air exercise places can open until 2000 hours.
- Traditional Thai massage and foot massage parlors, spas, beauty clinics, and health establishments will be closed.
- Hair salons and barber shops are allowed to open but they must comply with disease preventive measures and conditions.
Further, the administration reminded that group activities involving more than five people is prohibited. Schools, educational institutions, and training venues must likewise abide by disease preventive measures and conditions.
“Any persons who violate or fail to comply with this announcement may be guilty of an offence,” the administration warns.
Image / Unsplash