Want to see what skills and experiences you might need to be an augmented reality life designer or a B2R2C marketing manager? Peep inside for imagined CVs of the future.
According to a new report published on Jellyfish Training, the children of today are preparing for jobs that don’t exist — using technologies not yet invented.
As such, the team at Jellyfish has collated a mix of the most exciting futuristic job roles which, according to various industry experts, we can expect to see in the next five to 10 years.
Which one might you enjoy best? Well, read on to learn about each of the five futuristic occupations below.
Space tour guide
Its job description is “the equivalent of flight attendants to guide customers into space. Drawing on cosmology, astronomy, space science, geography, history and geology, space guides will help passengers stay safe whilst getting most out of their journey into space.”
Should you like what the job entails, these are necessary skills and experience you’ll need:
- Customer service and communication skills;
- Health and safety qualification, and
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Space travel and tourism qualification;
- Experience in similar roles such as tour guide or flight attendant, and
- Face-to-face customer experience.
To be a pharmer, talent prospects have to play the dual role of a farmer and a scientist. Because it is where “farmers will use both tech and agriculture to raise carefully engineered crops and livestock to improve harvest.”
“Technologies such as robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), drones, 3D printing, and the Internet-of-Things (IOT) will transform agriculture in the future,” as shared in the report.
On that note, those who would like to make this career switch in the coming future, the following are the necessary skills and experience required:
- Cognitive and analytical skills to access and process complex information;
- Problem-solving, creative thinking, management and communication skills, and
- Skills to work in an interdependent system focused on relationships and collaboration.
- Practical farming experience, gained by working as a supervisor, dairy, or arable unit manager, or assistant manager;
- Qualification in agriculture in a subject like farm business management, and
- Understanding of robotics, artificial intelligence (Al), drones, sensors, 3D printing, virtual and augmented reality, blockchain, and the loT.
3D lab meat scientist
In other words, a food engineer. With the emergence of cultured meat, a 3D lab meat scientist is needed, and would have to “grow and monitor the meat made in petri dishes.”
If that sounds like a job prospect, Jellyfish Training listed a few necessary skills and experience talent should possess:
- Critical-thinking and data-analysis skills;
- Mathematics skills, and
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision, whilst working well with others to enable the smooth running of a busy lab.
- Masters and either academic or industrial experience within bioprocessing; biotechnology, chemical engineering, or biochemical engineering;
- Hands on mammalian bioprocessing experience (stem cell experience), and
- Exposure to and understanding of 3D printing.
Augmented reality life designer
“This person will work with individual clients to design their augmented reality (AR) life of choice including helping personalise the next generation of mind-blowing, in-the-moment stories,” the report stated.
To be an AR life designer, talents would have to possess the following skills and experience:
- Artistic and creative;
- To use imagination to think outside the box, and
- To understand current trends, the market and target audience.
- Degree in film or design;
- Experience in development, design, modelling, and texturing 3D assets or equivalent, and
- Proficiency with creative language/lingo of similar AR applications.
Business-to-robot-to-consumer (B2R2C) marketing manager
The role of a B2R2C marketing manager is to reach consumers through marketing via voice assistants, artificial intelligence (Al), drones, digital avatars, and robots.
And to be one, talents would have to possess the following skills and experience:
- Passion for Al, robots, and digital avatars;
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and reaching out to new markets, and
- Strong sense of curiosity and innovative thinking.
- Degree in marketing;
- Certification in at least one Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri voice assistant technologies, and
- Human-computer interaction, or equivalent experience.
Image / Provided