Among the PEIs with 10 or more respondents, Parkway College of Nursing and Allied Health saw its fresh graduates earning the highest median gross monthly salary (S$3,800), followed by James Cook University (S$2,950), and SIM (S$2,923).
Private institute fresh graduates in full-time permanent employment earned a median gross monthly salary of S$2,900 in 2020, up from S$2,650 in 2018.
According to the latest Private Education Institute (PEI) Graduate Employment Survey (GES) 2019/20, conducted by SkillsFuture Singapore, this ranked between the median gross monthly salary of S$3,700 for fresh graduates from the Autonomous Universities (AU), and that of post-National Service polytechnic graduates (S$2,500).
This 2019/20 edition of the survey involved about 39.2% of graduates from full-time bachelor's level external degree programmes (EDPs, between May 2019 and April 2020), of which 2,500 were economically active PEI fresh graduates. As defined in the survey, 'economically active' fresh graduates are those who are working, or not working but actively looking and available for a job.
Among the PEIs with 10 or more respondents involved in the survey, Parkway College of Nursing and Allied Health saw its fresh graduates earning the highest median gross monthly salary (S$3,800), followed by James Cook University (S$2,950), and Singapore Institute of Management (S$2,923).
More than eight in 10 active PEI fresh graduates found employment within six months
In terms of employment - of the 2,500 economically active PEI fresh graduate respondents, 80.7% were employed within six months of their final examinations and close to half (49%) obtained full-time permanent employment.
In comparison, the corresponding figures for AU fresh graduates from the 2020 cohort were higher, at 93.6% and 69.8% respectively, while the figures for post-NS polytechnic graduates were also higher, at 91.9% and 65.5% respectively.
On the unemployment front, about one-fifth (19.3%) of PEI fresh graduates were still unemployed, followed by 8.1% post-NS polytechnic graduates, and 6.4% of AU fresh graduates.
Full list of the 30 PEIs that participated in the survey:
- Air Transport Training College
- Amity Global Institute
- Asian International College
- Auston Institute Of Management
- BAC College (Singapore) [Formerly ITC School of Laws)
- Beacon International College
- Curtin Education Centre
- Dimensions International College
- East Asia Institute Of Management
- ERC Institute
- Informatics Academy
- James Cook University
- Kaplan Higher Education Academy
- London School Of Business & Finance
- Management Development Institute Of Singapore
- Nanyang Institute Of Management
- Parkway College Of Nursing And Allied Health
- PSB Academy
- Raffles College Of Higher Education
- S P Jain School Of Global Management
- SAA Global Education Centre
- SDH Institute
- SHRM College
- Singapore College Of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Singapore Institute Of Management
- Singapore Raffles Music College
- SSTC Institute
- TEG International College
- TMC Academy
Lead image and tables / PEI GES 201/9/20, SkillsFuture Singapore's website