The new programme provides partners (i.e. employees) special financing support to purchase a two-wheeler vehicle for professional or personal use.
As India’s urban population continues to grow, public transportation remains a key challenge. In a survey of Tata Starbucks partners (i.e. employees), reliable transportation was raised among the top areas of concern.
Tata Starbucks, a 50/50 JV between Starbucks and Tata Consumer Products operational in India since 2012, has since responded to the needs of its over 2,000 employees by launching a first-of-its-kind transportation benefit. This enables partners (employees) in India to receive special financing support to purchase a two-wheeler vehicle for professional or personal use.
“Partners are the heartbeat of Starbucks, and we know that transport is a key concern for many. We’re proud that this programme will be able to provide partners with a range of options for their daily transport needs. We hope the programme gives our partners additional peace of mind during their commute and throughout their daily lives,” said Navin Gurnaney, CEO, Tata Starbucks.
As part of the new transportation benefit, employees can look forward to the following:
- Those who opt in can get a salary advance to cover the down payment for their chosen vehicle, as well as reduced rate loans and discounts on a range of different models, including electric and second-hand vehicles.
- For full-time partners with a tenure of more than two years, the company will also contribute towards vehicle down payments.
- In addition, partners can apply for financial support to purchase new two-wheeler vehicles, benefit from discounts on electric vehicles, as well as on used and refurbished vehicles according to their preference.
- Those looking to upgrade their existing vehicle can also sell it directly through the programme and receive a discount on a new vehicle.
- The scheme is open to all partners that have worked for the company for a minimum of six months.
- Tata Starbucks is also offering educational road safety workshops to all partners who sign up to promote safe driving and driver responsibility.
“Since opening our first store in India in 2012, we’ve committed to supporting and empowering our partners throughout their careers with Starbucks. We are always looking for new ways to address the issues that affect our partners and make their experience better and more valuable, and are excited to offer this unique benefit for our partners in India,” said Sara Trilling, President, Starbucks Asia Pacific.
The Tata Starbucks Two-Wheeler Programme builds on Starbucks' range of existing benefits, including a company-wide, five-day work-week – a first-of-its-kind initiative in the Indian industry in India– as well as comprehensive medical benefits, counselling, education and wellness programmes, among others.
The company currently operates 216 stores in India across 17 cities.
Photo / Provided