All self-test results, whether positive, negative, or invalid must be reported through the app, the Ministry of Health has stated.
Malaysia's Ministry of Health (Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia), on Wednesday (17 November 2021), released an infographic as a guide on how individuals can report their COVID-19 self-test results through the MySejahtera app. The Ministry said that all self-test results (positive, negative, or invalid) must be reported through the app.
With that, the step-by-step infographic details the following:
1. Open the MySejahtera app.
2. On the homepage, select "COVID-19 self-test" (which shows a 'home' icon inside a 'destination pin' icon.)
3. On the following page, there are three available options ("information on self-test kits"; "update self-test results", and "purchase online"). Select "update self-test results".
4. Selecting the option will take you to a Helpdesk page. There, you're required to update individual particulars (i.e name, mobile, identification number, and email address) as required.
5. Stay on the Helpdesk page, and continue to update with your home address.
6. Stay on the Helpdesk page, and select one of the options ("hospital/clinic"; "online"; "pharmacy"; "corporate", or "others") as to where you've obtained the self-test kits from.
7. Stay on the Helpdesk page, and select one of the options ("saliva"; "nasal", or "others") as to what was tested with the self-test kits.
8. To submit the self-test results, on the following page, select one of the options ("positive"; "negative", or "invalid").
ALSO READ: 10 FAQs about Malaysia's MySejahtera app
Image / Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia