What to do in case you are listed as a confirmed case, why your status may have changed to suspect case, how to download your digital certificate of vaccination, and more.
On Monday (6 September), Malaysia's Ministry of Health (Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia) answered 10 frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the MySejahtera app. Its answers were released in Bahasa Melayu on its Facebook page. Read on for the English version.
Q Why did my status change to a confirmed case even though I am not a positive case?
- You may have mistakenly uploaded a negative self-test result under Option F: "I have tested positive for COVID-19 and would like to report a laboratory result." Option F is for ALL POSITIVE reports.
- If the self-test result is negative, please report via Option G: "I would like to update the self-test report." Users can select test results either positive, negative, or invalid.
Q Why did my status change to 'Suspect case - High Risk' even though I have no contact with a positive case?
- You are categorised as a Suspect case based on the health assessment you have previously filled in “COVID-19 Status”. The status will remain for 10 days and you will need to complete a daily health assessment or Home Assessment Tool (HAT) provided in the “Must do” tab. If you have no symptoms for 10 days, your status will be changed to 'Low Risk'. Continue to fill out the daily health assessment until the 14th day.
- If you make a mistake, please report it to the MySejahlera Helpdesk. Select Option K: "I have a question regarding the risk category/ health assessment." Then select Option A to repeat the HAT.
Q What should I do if my status as a positive case or close contact has changed but I did not get an assignment to fill in the HAT in the "Must do" tab?
- In the Helpdesk, select Option K. Select Option D: "I do not have a health assessment."
- If you still don't get the task in the tab, you can try refreshing or un- and reinstalling the MySejahtera application.
- For dependents, only a verified account can fill the HAT.
Q Why do I get "Casual Contact" status when I should have "Close Contact" status?
- Your status is a "Casual Contact" if you have ever checked in to the same place with a positive case in the same time period.
- Your status will change to 'Close Contact' if reported in one of the following ways:
a) A positive case has reported you as a close contact via a link received from a notification via SMS or push notification.
b) You reported that you are a close contact in "Status COVID-19".
c) The District Health Office has reported that you are a close contact.
Q How can I update my personal information that is incorrect such as spelling of name or identity card number in the MySejahtara application?
In the Helpdesk, select Option C: "I want to update my Name, Identity Card/Passport Number, User ID" or delete the account (via Option G).
Q How can I update my incorrect personal information such as spelling of name or identity card number on the digital vaccination certificate?
In the Helpdesk, select Option M: "I have been vaccinated but the vaccination information says it has not been updated on my vaccine page." Please enter your full name and confirm your contact email address. Select the dose that needs to be updated. Next enter your vaccination information that you want to update.
Q I changed my phone number/lost phone. How do I want to change my MySejahtera account/ID to a new number?
In the Helpdesk, select Option C. After that, select Option G: "I want to delete my account." This process will take 48 to 72 hours. You can register a new account after receiving the confirmation email and MySejahtera.
Q I have crossed my quarantine period but why is my status still 'High Risk'?
- If you have no symptoms during the quarantine period, your status will change to 'Low Risk' after 10 days, but you should continue to fill out the daily health assessment in the “Must do” tab until the 14th day.
- If you start having symptoms within the 14 days, the quarantine period will be reset to 10 days from the date you just reported the symptoms.
- If you have just reported symptoms on days 11-14, your status will be changed to a 'Suspect' case, and remain 'High Risk' for another 10 days.
- Please complete the daily health assessment carefully and correctly.
Q Why do I still not get a digital vaccination certificate even though I have been vaccinated?
- Vaccination status may not be updated while at the Vaccination Center (PPV).
- In the Helpdesk, select Option M. Please enter your full name and confirm your contact email address. Select the dose that needs to be updated. Next enter your vacation information.
- The process to obtain a digital certificate of vaccination will take approximately two weeks as it is necessary to go through a verification process with the relevant PPV.
Q How do I want to transfer "dependent" vaccination certificate information to another account?
- “Dependents” information should be first removed in the COVID-19 vaccination section and in the “add vaccination dependents” column.
- Next, dependents need to register the vaccine in their own account to retrieve the vaccination certificate information.
Image / 123RF