Regular visits to family members abroad continue to be disallowed, while those accepting a job offer would need to apply for approval to travel.

The Malaysian Immigration Department (Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia) has updated its rules and procedures for Malaysian Citizens who want to go out of the country during the Movement Control Order (PKP) period.

Citizens are advised to take note of the diagram shared above, as well as the guidelines below:

What is not allowed:

  1. Leisure travel and vacation
  2. Regular visits to family members abroad

Where you need to apply for approval:

  1. If you have just received a job offer
  2. If you have just received an offer to study abroad
  3. Studies who wish to take their exams
  4. If you wish to attend some exhibition, seminar, meetings, or other business affairs
  5. Emergency matters

Approval should be applied through the MyTravelPass system, which can be found here.

Conditions that do not require approval:

[Travellers are required to show the relevant supporting documents to the immigration officer when exiting the country]

  1. Diplomats and officers at the Malaysian embassy who wish to work abroad, including dependents
  2. Existing students / those who are continuing their studies 
  3. Long-term pass holders abroad (permanent residents / resident pass holders / work pass holders, etc.)

Image / Imigresen KLIA on Facebook

Human Resources Online is on Telegram! Follow us @humanresourcesonline or click here for all the latest weekly HR and manpower news from around the region.