However, individuals with passports that have been lost or damaged (whether still valid or expired) are not allowed to apply.
The Immigration Department of Malaysia (JIM) has announced that the renewal of the international Malaysian Passport Renewal Online (MyOnline Passport) will be fully implemented at the JIM headquarters in Putrajaya starting 1 April 2022.
Per JIM's Facebook post, the relevant conditions are as follows:
- Replacement applications only.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens aged 13 years and above.
- Passports that have been lost or damaged (whether still valid or expired) are not allowed to apply.
For those who are still looking to renew their passports online, the department has previously shared the steps to do so:
- Visit the online renewal portal.
- Choose from a list of offices to collect your passport from.
- Make payment via credit or debit card.
- The date and time of passport collection will be determined by the system based on the day and time the application is made.
For the full terms and requirements for applicants to note, read the full guide here.
Lead photo / Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia