An additional two groups no longer need to apply for approval before travelling out of the country - citizens working with petroleum firms/in shipping, and those accompanying students abroad.

An additional two groups of Malaysian citizens no longer need to apply for approval before travelling out of the country.

In an update this week, the Immigration Department of Malaysia (Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia) added the following two to its list:

  • Those who work with petroleum companies and shipping companies and need to sign-on on ships overseas.
  • Those accompanying students to study abroad, but this is limited to two companions only.

As per an earlier update in May, the remaining groups that do not require approval for travel are:

  • Diplomats and officers at the Malaysian embassy who wish to work abroad, including dependents
  • Existing students / those who are continuing their studies
  • Long-term pass holders abroad (permanent residents / resident pass holders / work pass holders, etc.)

All five groups are required to show the relevant supporting documents to the immigration officer when exiting the country.

For the full information on requirements, approval application processes and more, refer here

Image / Imigresen KLIA on Facebook

Human Resources Online is on Telegram! Follow us @humanresourcesonline or click here for all the latest weekly HR and manpower news from around the region.