For an heir to be eligible, the deceased must be a Malaysian citizen whose death is confirmed by MOH as COVID-19 related.
On Wednesday (28 July 2021), Malaysia’s Agensi Pengurusan Bencana Negara (NADMA) announced that it will be providing one-off cash assistance to one heir of any Malaysian citizen who dies from COVID-19 to the amount of RM5,000.
The eligibility conditions are the following:
- Only COVID-19 related death confirmed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) is applicable;
- Only COVID-19 related deaths involving Malaysian citizens will be given this special assistance, and
- Only one heir is eligible to receive this special assistance.
“If there is more than one application from the heirs of the deceased, NADMA will only consider the first application,” the department explained.
To apply for this cash assistance, NADMA said that applicants must fill up an application form from the hospital regarding COVID-19 related death, and submit it along with their personal details to them via post, email, or WhatsApp.
These are the necessary documents:
- Application form (labelled as Appendix A) certified by the hospital informing of covid-19-related death;
- Copy of death certificate;
- Copy of the applicant's identity card (heir of the deceased), and
- Copy of bank statement (which is still active) of the applicant (heir of the deceased)
NADMA reminded: “Incomplete applications and documents will be rejected.”
Once this step is completed and approved, NADMA said, the department will be wiring the payment directly to the applicant “within 30 working days from the date of receipt of complete application documents.”
Image / 123RF