Employees can enjoy flexible working arrangements, going forward. The company also ensures all employees enjoy equal benefits regardless of opposite- or same-sex status.
Employee wellbeing has become more important than ever, prompting employers to come up with different measures to cater to their employees’ needs. Hong Kong virtual insurer OneDegree has recently optimised its employee benefits to further enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
Based on the feedback from its employees, the optimised benefits include:
- Implemented a hybrid work model starting from January 2022, where employees can flexibly choose to work from home two days per week according to their needs.
- A monthly 4.5-day work week practice since July 2022, allowing employees to take a half-day leave every month.
- Since June 2022, all employees, including those having same-sex marriages, are entitled to marriage leave.
- On top of the medical insurance for all staff, the company also provides medical insurance for the partners of executive-level employees, covering same-sex partners, to ensure all employees enjoy equal benefits regardless of opposite- or same-sex status.
The ‘OH DEAR!’ team
Staff from different departments have formed a team called ‘OH DEAR!’ to facilitate internal communication enhance their sense of belonging to the company. The team will draw up various employee activities and benefits, including movie watching, monthly employee birthday parties, etc.
Rewarding employees and celebrating success
- To thank employees for their efforts and contributions, each Hong Kong team member received a HK$5,000 cash reward and a family staycation package in August 2022.
- All employees in Hong Kong were invited to enjoy a seafood banquet at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate business success.
“Most of our employees are of the new generation, and they put more emphasis on workplace culture and working atmosphere,” said Alvin Kwock, Co-founder of OneDegree. “This is why we build the ‘OH DEAR!’ team to empower employees with greater autonomy to their own benefits, and at the same time helping OneDegree to introduce more benefits that cater to their needs.”
Image / Provided