Practising the philosophy of San-ji, encouraging employees to 'drop everything and have fun' on Fridays, and more — these C-Suite leaders never shy from getting down to the heart of the matter when addressing their workforce initiatives.
In this special, we share the stories of six C-Suite leaders HRO had the opportunity to speak to over the past year to find out how they are taking the time to walk on the ground and have a hand in employee engagement. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
1. Suite Talk: How Canon Marketing Asia's Chairman & CEO is making 'big smiles' a reality at work
Hideki Ozawa, Chairman and CEO of Canon Marketing Asia believes in empowering employees to perform duties, aligned with the philosophy of the San-ji (Three Selfs) Spirit – self-motivation, self-management, and self-awareness –, and never underestimating the power of wearing red on Mondays.
2. Suite Talk: Crisis management guide with Wharf Hotel's President, Dr. Jennifer Cronin
Step 1: Understand the difference between transformational leadership and transactional leadership. Your leadership style will determine the outcomes of a crisis says Wharf Hotel's President, Dr. Jennifer Cronin.
3. Suite Talk: The ideal CHRO is patient, rational, and pleasant to work with, says ESET's APJ President
With a leadership style as one of mentorship and collaboration, Parvinder Walia, President of Asia Pacific & Japan at ESET believes in understanding each employee both personally and professionally.
4. Suite Talk: Traditional methods of leadership may no longer work, says Lenovo's GM, Ronnie Lee
Fridays are dear to many of us, but more so for employees at Lenovo. With 'DEAR Fridays: Drop Everything and Run', where employees leave early every Friday to spend quality time with their loved ones, Lenovo's evolved HR practices and policies meet new expectations and attitudes at work, shares Ronnie Lee, General Manager.
5. Suite Talk: Taking on a new role mid-pandemic, how this MD builds relationships and develops leaders
While starting a new role mid-pandemic may be a daunting task, Dev Dhiman, APAC MD, GBG took it as a push to work harder to find new and innovative ways to engage with the company's teams in APAC.
6. Suite Talk: The ideal CHRO needs to have fairness, respect, and care always, says this MD
David Chan, AdNovum Singapore's new Managing Director, pushes his team to stay tuned with the key stakeholders and be updated on the latest business needs, so as to transform the HR function with the dynamics of the business environment.
Don't miss our full lineup of Suite Talk interviews here!
Photo / 123RF